- Spain, 2019, 77′, col.
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
Arima is the story of four women and a girl whose existence is disrupted by the sudden arrival of two strangers.
One of them is fleeing from the other, sneaking around town like an elusive being, a ghostly presence of uncertain existence. The other character, an injured man
carrying a gun, will disrupt the women’s way of life in different ways.
The whole plot takes place on the fine line between reality and imagination, between dreams and nightmares, fear and desire, within a story shrouded in mystery.
After finishing her studies at the Prague Film School (FAMU) and the Munich Film School (HFF), Jaione Camborda moved to Galicia where she set up the production company Esnatu Zinema, under which she gained a reputation as a director of experimental films such as Proba de Axilidade, Nimbos, Lilit or Rapa das Bestas. Jaione opted to develop her work using celluloid, this choice is a stake on the materiality and lyrical aspect of film grain. Her usual imaginary tend to revolve around the relationship between human and animal, violence and the atavistic side of it. She took part in several films as a screen writer and art director. Her most recent feature is Arima.
Melania Cruz, Nagore Arias, Rosa Puga Dávila, Tito Asorey, Iria Parada,
- Production Company
- Gijon International Film Festival 2018 – PUSH PLAY Work-in-Progress
- Seville International Film Festival 2019 – New Waves Competition
- Sao Paulo International Film Festival 2019 – New Directors Competition
- Novos Cinemas Pontevedra 2019 – Opening Title
- Cineuropa Festival Santiago de Compostela 2019 – European Section
- Festival Márgenes Madrid 2019 – Escánear Competition
- Tübingen Spanish Film Festval 2019
- Auditorio Municipal Veida Mondoñedo 2020
- Cineteca Madrid 2020
- Zumzeig Barcelona 2020
- Numax Cines Santiago de Compostela 2020
- Cines Duplex Ferrol 2020
- Cantones Cines A Coruña 2020
- Vigo Norte 2020
- Cine Baix San Feliu de Llobregat 2020
- Cines Principes San Sebastian 2020
- Cinemas Codex Lugo 2020
- Cines Xunqueira Cee 2020
- Cines Avenida Caldas 2020
- Minicines Central A Estrada 2020
- Casa de Cultura Verin 2020
- Casa Dopeso As Pontes 2020
- Multicines Bergantiños Carballo 2020
- Vilnius International Film Festival 2020 – Competition
- Ollada de Muller A Coruña 2020
- MUSAC León 2020
- Nantes Spanish Film Festival 2020 – First Feature Competition
- XIII Semana de Cine Ourense 2020
- cinEScultura Spanish Film Festival Regensburg 2020 – Opera Prima Competition
- Gijon International Film Festival 2018 – PUSH PLAY Work-in-Progress – DCP Deluxe Award
- Seville International Film Festival 2019 – Best Director New Waves Competition
- Festival Márgenes Madrid 2019 – Best Feature section Escánear