- Club Amazonas
- Mexico, 2015, 19′, col.
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
Many types of legal and social oppression cause people to leave their homelands, including misogyny, homophobia, and transphobia. The documentary Club Amazonas features two young transwomen from Honduras, Jessica and Angela, who seek tolerance and opportunity across the Mexican border while pondering the freedom and security promised by the United States.
A producer and film director, Roberto Fiesco was born in 1972.
Among the long feature films he has produced, A Thousand Clouds of Peace Fence the Sky, Love; Your Being Love Will Never End (2003) and Raging Sun, Raging Sky (2008), both directed by Julián Hernández were awarded with the Teddy Award at Berlinale in 2003 and 2009; Broken Sky also directed by Julián Hernández was included in the official selection of Berlinale 2006.
Fiesco has also produced: Partes usadas by Aarón Fernández (2006), winner of the Mayahuel Prize for the Best First Feature Film at Guadalajara Film Festival, Todos los días son tuyos by José Luis Gutiérrez (2007), Espiral (2007) by Jorge Pérez Solano and Martín al amanecer (2009) by Juan Carlos Carrasco.
As a film director he has realised several short feature films such as Actos impuros, Paloma, Arrobo and David, winner of the IMCINE National Short Film Competition, and of the Guadalajara, Morelia and Turin LGBT Festivals. David also won the prize for the Best Actor at Huesca Film Festival and was the only Mexican short film to take part to Cannes Film Festival’s 2006 Critic’s Week. Disrupted marks Roberto Fiesco’s debut with the long form documentary. Estatus, Fisuras and Trémulo are his latest short film productions.
Roberto Fiesco, Julián Hernández
Emiliano Arenales Osorio
Juan Carlos Carrasco
Arturo Villela Vega
Armando Narváez del Valle
Anyela Sharlot Zuniga,
Jessica Mavissa Barrera, Zayra,
Fray Tomás González,
Alan Contreras López
Ernesto Martínez Arévalo, Iliana Reyes
Unión Europea, Red DH Migrantes, CDHDF, Mil Nubes – Cine, Ruta 66, Ibermedia
- Zinegoak Bilbao 2016
- Cinhomo Valladolid 2016
- Seattle Transgender Film Festival 2016
- In & Out Nice 2016
- Mix Mexico 2016
- Guanajuato International Film Festival 2016
- Shorts Mexico 2016 – National Short Documentary Competition
- MicGenero Mexico City 2016
- Queer Lisboa 2016 – Short Film Competition
- Cinema Queer Intewrnational Film Festival Stockholm 2016
- Twist Seattle Queer Film Festival 2016
- Asterisco Buenos Aires 2016
- Andalesgai Seville 2016
- La Habana New Latin American Film Festival 2016
- International Queer & Migrant Film Festival Amsterdam 2016
- Cineteca Nacional Mexico City 2017
- Censurados Film Festival Lima 2017
- Rumbo al Ariel Mexico City 2017
- Tilde Melbourne 2017
- Tirana International Film Festival 2017 – Special Programme
- Mexican Embassy in Tokyo 2018 – Retrospective devoted to Roberto Fiesco
- Diversity and Human Rights Award – Zinegoak Bilbao 2016
- Shorts Mexico 2016 – Special Mention National Short Documentary Competition
- Ariel Awards 2017 – Best Short Documentary (nomination)