- Cambodia, France, 2020, 82′, col.
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
Phnom Penh nowadays. Three young people, three perspectives, three routes. Songsa, an introverted teenager, is sent to the capital by his family to sell clothes in a tuk-tuk. Phearum goes into debt to buy a taxi and confronts the unexpected. Thy dives into the nightlife and dreams of joining a biker crew. Three ways of living, three destinies, three looks.
Coalesce draws a portrait of a youth who faces a fast changing world.
After graduating from the Cinema department at the Sorbonne Nouvelle University in Paris, Jessé Miceli began exploring the cinematographic sector, first working for film production companies and then participating in the distribution of Heritage films from all over the world.
In the early 2010s, he discovered Cambodia and became passionate about it. In 2019, he produced a film in Khmer, with Cambodian actors and a local team. Coalesce is his first feature film.
- First Assistant
Sek Songsa, Eang Phearum, Rom Rithy, Vann Lek, Nicól Bear, Alexandre Barthélémy, Douglas Shakels
Jessé Miceli, Gaëlle Jones
Horoma Films, Perspective Films
- Cannes Film Festival 2020 – Acid
- Busan International Film Festival 2020 – A Window on Asian Cinema
- Cambodian French Institute Phnom Penh 2021
- Ottawa International Film Festival 2021
- Pop-Up Asian Film Festival Chicago 2021
- Asian Pacific Film Academy / Young Cinema Awards Brisbane 2020 – Nominated