The Red Tree
- The Red Tree
- Colombia, Panama, France 2021, 94′, col.
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
The Red Tree.
When his father dies, Eliécer is left to care for the half-sister he’s never met, called Esperanza. His mission is to take the girl to the capital to find the mother who abandoned her as a baby. The decision not to take responsibility for the girl, and the fulfilment of his duty, oblige Eliécer to set out on a journey on which he will accept the company of Toño, the young boatman whose dream is to make it to the city to become a boxing champion. At the end of the road, Eliécer must decide if he wants the home and family that he and Esperanza had lost.
Colombian director and producer, founding partner of Big–Sur Películas, he has directed and co-written the short films Blood Fighters (Idartes Award for Short Film 2008, Official Selection of the International Festival Clermont–Ferrand 2012), and The Wallet, shot in Barcelona in 2013.
He has also worked as a second unit director in a TV series for the Colombian Caracol Channel, and previously as assistant director for renowned Colombian films and film production companies. He holds a Master’s Degree in Film Direction from the Superior School of Cinema and Audiovisual of Catalonia (ESCAC) in Barcelona.
Recently finished his feature film The Red Tree, receiving numerous accolades during its development stage, including the Ibermedia Fund production support, and in post-production stage the selection at the “Film in Progress” of the San Sebastián International Film Festival, as well as the “Work in Progress” Ventana Sur Latam Audiovisual Market (Buenos Aires/Argentina), and the post-production support of the Colombian Film Development Fund (FDC). He is currently working on the development of a couple more new projects.
The Red Tree
Colombia, Panama, France
Joan Gómez Endara
Joan Gómez Endara, Ivan Sierra
Carlos García , Luis Lasso
- Art Director
Carlos Vergara, Shaday Velasquez, Jhoyner Salgado
Sonia Barrera, Joan Gómez Endara, Viviana Gómez
- Associate producers
Louise Bellicaud, Claire Charles Gervais
- Associate production
In Vivo Films
Viso Producciones, RTVC Play, Mass Media Communications
- Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival 2021 – First Feature Competition
- Goa International Film Festival of India 2021 – World Panorama
- Pantalla Latina St.Gallen 2021 – Competition
- FICCI Cartagena 2022
- Viva! Manchester Spanish and Latin American Film Festival 2022
- CineLatino Toulouse 2022 – Feature Film Competition
- Chicago Latino Film Festival 2022 – Feature Film Competition
- New York Colombian Film Festival 2022 – Feature Film Competition
- Ojo Loco Ibero and Latin American Film Festival Grenoble 2022 – Feature Film Competition
- Seattle International Film Festival 2022 – Ibero-American Feature Film Competition
- FESCAAAL African, Asian and Latin American Film Festival Milan 2022
- MiWorld Young Film Festival Milan 2022 – Competition
- CineLatino Toulouse 2022 – CCAS Award
- CineLatino Toulouse 2022 – Rail D’OC Award
- New York Colombian Film Festival 2022 – Special Mention
- FESCAAAL African, Asian and Latin American Film Festival Milan 2022 – Audience Award