We Will Never Die
- We Will Never Die
- Argentina, 2020, 82′, col.
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
We Will Never Die.
Rodrigo and his mother travel to the town where his older brother just died. In this calm place they will go through the first stages of their mourning. Rodrigo will start to peer on grown-ups grief and, imperceptibly, will begin to leave childhood behind. His mother will try to uncover the mysteries surrounding that death.
A diaphanous film, with some melancholy and light humor, with lonely characters that try to bring some affection to each other. A story suspended in time, floating between the countryside lost places.
Eduardo Crespo was born in Crespo, Entre Ríos, Argentina, in 1983. He directed the feature film As close as I can (2012) with support of Hubert Bals Fund and the documentary “Crespo (The persistence of memory)” (2016), both of them premiered in international festivals. He also co-directed, with Santiago Loza, the TV-series Twelve Houses (2014), awarded as a Best Series in the Argentina’s TV. He also worked as a DoP, Director and Producer in several film projects.
We Will Never Die
Eduardo Crespo, Lionel Braverman, Santiago Loza
- Costume Designer
Romina Escobar, Rodrigo Santana, Brian Alba, Jésica Frickel, Giovanni Pelizzari, Sebastián Santana
Santiago Loza, Eduardo Crespo, Laura Mara Tablón
Rita Cine, Primera Casa, with the support of INCAA
- San Sebastian International Film Festival 2020 – Official Selection Competition
- Mar del Plata International Film Festival 2020 – Official Selection Competition
- Havana International Film Festival 2020/2021 – Official Selection Competition
- Circulo Bellas Artes Madrid 2020
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival 2021 – Competition
- CineLatino Stuttgart, Tübingen & Freiburg 2021 – Competition
- Cinemancia Metropolitn Film Festival Envigado, Medellín, Bello, Sabaneta 2021 – Competition
- Cinemateca del Museo La Tertulia Calì 2021
- Camino al Festival Mar del Plata 2021
- Visionär Film Festival Berlin 2021 – Competition
- Festival Piriápolis de Película Piriápolis 2021
- Festival Asterisco Buenos Aires 2021
- Hurlingham Film Festival 2021
- Festival Cortos 72 Horas Cañada de Gomez 2022
- Festival Cine Fin del Mundo Ushuaia 2022
- Centro Cultural 25 de Mayo Buenos Aires 2022
- Mar del Plata International Film Festival 2020 – Best Editing
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival 2021 – Nueva Vision Award
- Condor de Plata Awards 2021 – Nomination for the Best Director, Best Leading Actress, Best Emerging Actor, Best Screenplay, Best Original Music
- Visionär Film Festival Berlin 2021 – Special Mention Best Actress
- Premio Patacón de Cine Fundación SAGAI Award 2021 – Best Actress
- Festival Asterisco Buenos Aires 2021 – Best Actress
- Hurlingham Film Festival 2021 – Best Feature Film
- Condor de Plata Awards 2021- Best Screenplay
- Festival Cine Fin del Mundo Ushuaia 2022 – Special Mention to Romina Escobar