The Daytime Doorman
- The Daytime Doorman
- Brazil, 2016, 25′, col.
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
The Daytime Doorman.
After exchanging glances between “good mornings” and “good afternoons”, Marcelo realizes it’s time to try to go further with Márcio, the doorman in his building. Two worlds will collide through these men’s bodies.
Fábio Leal (1985, Recife) has a Bachelor in Dramatic Arts and works as an actor (he plays Benedito in Aquarius, directed by Kleber Mendonça Filho) and film festival programmer. From 2013 to 2016 he was the Head of Digital Communications in Vitrine Filmes, a Brazilian film distribution company, creating online campaigns for successful arthouse Brazilian films such as Neighbouring Sounds, Casa Grande, The Second Mother, Don’t Call Me Son and White Out, Black In. In 2015, he and Fellipe Fernandes founded the Áspera Films production company. The first short film by Áspera was Fernandes’ Delusion is Redemption to Those in Distress (selected for the Short FilmCompetition in Cannes Critics Week 2016). O Porteiro do Dia is the second short by Áspera and the first directed and written by Fábio Leal. He is currently working on a feature documentary called VHS/HIV, which he’ll codirect along with Gustavo Vinagre.
The Daytime Doorman
Fábio Leal (based upon a novel written by Rodrigo Almeida)
Carlos Eduardo Ferraz, Edilson Silva, Fábio Leal
Dora Amorim, Thaís Vidal
Ponte Producoes, Aspera Filmes
- Recife International Film Festival 2016
- Cinema do Dragão – Fundação Joaquim Nabuco Fortaleza 2017
- Olhar de Cinema Curitiba International Film Festival 2017 – Other Views
- Rio FGC Film Festival 2017 – Short Film Competition
- Curta Kinoforum Sao Paulo International Short Film Festival 2017 – Brazilian Short Film Competition
- Belo Horizonte International Short Film Festival 2017
- Festival de Cinema de Triunfo Pernambuco 2017 – Short Film Competition
- Goiania Mostra Curtas 2017 – Brazil Competition
- Twist: Seattle Queer Film Festival 2017
- Chéries-Chéris Paris 2017
- For Rainbow Fortaleza 2017
- Rio de Janeiro International Film Festival CurtaCinema 2017 – National Short Film Competition
- Mix Brasil Sao Paulo 2017- National Short Film Competition
- Festcine Recife 2017 – Short Film Competition
- Curta Brasilia International Short Film Festival 2017 – Short Film Competition
- Reelout Queer Film + Video Festival Kingston 2018
- Mardi Gras Film Festival Sydney 2018
- Des Images aux Mots Toulouse 2018
- Boston Wicked Queer 2018
- DIGO Film Festival Goiania 2018 – National Short Film Competition