- 7 Minutes
- France, Italy, 2020, 76′, col.
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
The film takes place in Toulouse and tells the story of Jean, a 55 year-old policeman who discovers his son, Maxime, and his son’s boyfriend hanged in a hotel room. The autopsy shows that he died from an overdose of GHB, just seven minutes after his boyfriend. During an evening organized by Maxime’s friends, Jean discovers the club BISOU, where his son used to go. There, he meets Fabien. Trying to know more about what happened, Jean goes to the club several times over and is quickly welcomed by the Bisouers. Fabien becomes attached to him, and Jean starts mixing his mourning with the desire to discover his son’s world.
To date, Ricky Mastro has written and directed 8 shorts films that were distributed over 200 festivals around the globe. His short film production includes Five Minutes, The Strongest, Happily Ever After, Koka, and The Mousetrap, Xavier, The Storm and Xavier and Miguel. His first feature film, 7 Minutes, has been selected in competition at the Rome Independent Film Festival in 2020, and it was part of Sofia Meetings. He was part of Fucking Different São Paulo which had its premiere at Berlinale (Panorama).
Nowadays, Ricky divides his time between São Paulo and Toulouse. He is developing with his co-writer Léon Diana two fiction film projects: The Invisibles (Syndrome Films) and Giulia. He is very active in the LGBT+ festival circuit, as a film programmer for the International Festival of Sexual and Gender Diversity in Goiás, Brazil and having created the Recifest (Festival LGBT+ in Recife, Brazil). Ricky also teaches cinema in two schools in Toulouse: ACT Formation and YNOV.
Antoine Herbez, Clément Naline,
Valentin Malguy, Paul Arvenne,
Cedrick Spinassou, Robin Larroque,
The Open Reel
- Executive Producer
Yasmin Pastore Abdalla
- Lovers Torino 2018 (Work in Progress)
- Sofia Meetings 2019 (Work in Progress)
- Lovers Film Festival Turin 2020 – Feature Film Competition
- Sao Paulo Mix Brasil Film Festival 2020 – International Competition
- RIFF Rome Independent Film Festival 2020 – International Feature Film Competition
- FilmOut San Diego 2020
- Festival For Rainbow Fortaleza 2020
- Queerscreen LGBTQI Film Festival France 2021
- QMTY Monterrey 2021
- Tels Quels Festival Brussels 2021
- Festival For Rainbow Fortaleza 2020 – Best Actor