- Thirty Souls
- Spain, 2018, 80′, col.
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
Alba is twelve years old and wants to discover the mysterious, fascinating and unknown reality of death. With her best friend Samuel, she enters abandoned houses, travels through forgotten villages and explores remote mountains that hide another parallel world. Here is a journey to reveal the unexplainable conflict between the living and the dead.
Diana Toucedo is a filmmaker living in Barcelona. Bachelor’s Degree in Cinema and video editing from University of Barcelona/ESCAC and Master’s Degree in Contemporary film theory from the University Pompeu Fabra.
Her best known works to date are the documentary films All the Night Long, edited with catalan director Isaki Lacuesta and produced by TCM Channel and presented at the International Film Festival of San Sebastian in 2010 and The Fifth Gospel of Kaspar Hauser, a film by Alberto Gracia, produced by Zeitun films (FIPRESCI prize at the Rotterdam Film Festival 2013). She also has edited, among others, the films Bugarach from Nanouk Films in co-production with Filmtank (Germany), WDR, TVE and TV3, Death in La Alcarria, a feature film by Fernando Pomares, Sonata para violonchelo by Anna M. Bofarull, Belén, a documentary film by Adriana Vila, with Ibermedia support, Penélope by Eva Vila, with the support of Eurimage Program, ICEC, ICAA, TV3 and UPF. She has also edited Júlia Ist, the last feature film of Lastor Media, Silver Biznaga at Malaga Film Festival and Los desheredados, a short film by Laura Ferrés that have won Leica Cine Discovery Prize for Best Short Film in Competition (Semaine de la Critique, Cannes 2017).
As director, she has made several documentaries and experimental short films shown at film festivals and art centers. Thirty Souls is her first documentary film, co-produced with Lasoga Films and TVG, with the support of AGADIC. She is also developing her next project Puerto Deseado, that will be shot in Argentina.
Ana Pfaff, Diana Toucedo
Sergio Moure de Oteyza
Ricard Marcet, Oriol Gallart
Alba Arias, Samuel Vilariño,
Tegra Romeo, Paula Fuentes,
Lasoga Films, Dianatoucedo Films,
co-produced by CRTVG, with the support of AGADIC
- Ourense International Film Festival 2017 (work in progress)
- Rec Tarragona Film Festival 2017 (work in progress)
- Berlinale 2018 – Panorama
- D’A Film Festival Barcelona 2018 – Competition
- Play-Doc Galicia Tui 2018 – Galician Cinema
- Malaga International Film Festival 2018 – Zonazine Competition
- Primavera do Cine Film Festival Vigo 2018 – Competition
- Cineclub Manresa Barcelona 2018
- FilmMadrid 2018 – Official Competition
- MICE Santiago de Compostela 2018
- Camara Lucida International Film Festival Cuenca 2018 – Fiction Competition
- Foro Nacional de la Cineteca International Film Festival Mexico City 2018
- Sala Berlanga Madrid 2018
- Directed by Women Film Festival Madrid 2018
- San Sebastian International Film Festival 2018 – Made in Spain
- FIDBA Buenos Aires 2018 – International Competition
- Alcances Cadiz Documentary Film Festival 2018
- Nominations Mestre Mateo Awards La Coruña 2018 – Best Feature, Best Screenplay, Best Photography, Best Sound, Best Editing
- Nomination Europa Cinemas Label Award Berlin 2018
- Rec Tarragona Film Festival 2017 (work in progress) – Primer Test Award
- D’A Film Festival Barcelona 2018 – Critics’ Choice Award
- Primavera do Cine Film Festival Vigo – Jury Award for the Best Film
- FilmMadrid 2018 – Dias de Cine Award