- The Island
- France, 2023′, 73′, col.
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
Rosa and her friends have decided to spend the night on “the island”, a stretch of beach that has become their realm. It’s the last night of the summer, they’re turning eighteen, experiencing everything, and saying their goodbyes.
After working as a dancer, Damien Manivel directed several remarked short films including The Lady with the Dog, which won the Jean Vigo Prize. Since 2014, he has written and directed six feature films presented at the major film festivals, including A Young Poet (2014), receiving the Special Mention of Jury Cineasti del Presente in Locarno and winner of the Pesaro Film Festival among others, The Park (2016), presented at the Cannes Acid and winner in Jeonju, Takara–The Night I Swam (2018), presented in Venice, Isadora’s Children (2019), awarded with the Best Director Prize in Locarno and Magdala which made its world premiere at the ACID Cannes 2022 selection.
- From an original idea by
Damien Manivel and Julien Dieudonné
Damoh Ikheteah, Olga Milshtein, Ninon Botz, Youn Berder, Jules Danger, Celeste Duménil, Rosa Berder
- FIDMarseille 2023 – French Competition
- Yamagata International Doc Film Festival 2023 – International Competition
- San Sebastian International Doc Film Festival 2023 – Zabaltegi Tabakalera Competition
- Cinéma Saint-André des Arts Paris 2023
- FicValdivia 2023 – Gala
- Message to Man Film Festival Saint Petersburg 2023 – New Voices
- Smells Like Teens Film Festival Paris 2023
- Torino Film Festival – Out of Competition 2023
- FIDMarseille 2023 – Cine + Distribution Award, Special Mention French Film Competition, Special Mention European Students Fondation Vacances Bleues