- Sweden, Spain, 2021, 92′, col.
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
An intensely personal film about longing, healing, and belonging where filmmaker Maja Borg illustrates their unique process of dealing with trauma in the wake of a destructive relationship. In seeking to reclaim intimacy and re-establish boundaries Borg is drawn to queer BDSM practice, through which they’re able to explore their long-forgotten Christian heritage. Adopting rituals and play from both queer BDSM and Christian communities, Borg finds themselves able to acknowledge and accept their own longings, confronting their darkest parts in order to move forwards. The film tells the stories of queer BDSM practitioners in Berlin, Stockholm and Barcelona and portrays the humanity at the heart of the practise while illuminating its similarities with Christianity on an emotional and perhaps even spiritual level.
Maja Borg, director and co-producer of Passion, is an artist and film director, working with both documentary and fiction. Their work is as likely to be exhibited on cinema as in art galleries. Borg’s work explores political alternatives and personal ‘otherness’ and is often focused on the deconstruction of culture, economy, sexuality, mythology and language itself.
Patriez van der Wens
Stina Gardell, Andrea H. Catalá, Almudena Monzú, Maja Borg
Amor y Lujo, Maja Borg Filmproduktion
- CPH Copenhagen 2021
- Munich Doc Film Fesitval 2021
- Faroe Islands Int’l Minority Film Festival Torshavn 2021
- Queer Lisboa 2021 – Queer Art Competition
- Vilnius Queer Film Festival 2021
- Helsinki International Film Festival Love and Anarchy 2021
- Mix Copenhagen 2021
- Reykjavik International Film Festival 2021
- Festival du Nouveau Cinema Montreal 2021 – Competition
- Seville European Film Festival 2021 – New Waves Competition
- Porn Film Festival Berlin 2021
- Queer Film Festival Munich 2021