- Brazil, Germany 2019, 90′, col.
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
In the bucolic countryside of Brazil, Marcelo, an easygoing cowboy at a cattle farm lives for one passion: rodeos. One tragic incident affects him deeply. Little by little he overcomes the trauma and is ready to dream again.
Helvécio Marins Jr. holds a post-graduate degree in Film from PUC-MG (Pontifícia Universidade Católica – Minas Gerais). His films received more than 60 awards at the most important international and Brazilian festivals, such as Venice, Havana, Nantes, Barcelona, Mar del Plata and Brasilia; and have also been selected and screened at the world’s top cinema events such as Toronto, Venice, Berlin, Locarno, San Sebastian, Rotterdam, IDFA, Melbourne, Center Georges Pompidou and MoMA NY. In addition, they were marketed to TVs from various countries. In 2012, Lume has nationally released its short film collection on DVD. Swirl (2011) his first feature film, made his world debut at the 68th Venice Film Festival, where he received the “Interfilm” award. It was distributed commercially in France, Germany and Spain, as well as five other countries, receiving excellent reviews in the most prestigious international critics, such as Le Monde, Sight and Sound, El Pais, NY Times, Tagesspiegel and others. In July 2012, the International Festival of Vila do Conde exhibited a retrospective of his work. In September 2014, the German Cinematheque also held the same retrospective. Querência – Homing (2019) his second feature, makes his world debut in the Forum section of the Berlin Festival (Berlinale). Querência – Homing is a co-production between Brazilian production companies Muiraquitã Filmes, Canabrava Filmes and Vídeofilmes, by Walter Salles and has a co-production with German production company Autentika Films. Querência was awarded with important international funds: the German fund linked to the Berlinale World Cinema Fund and the Swiss fund Visions Sud Est. In 2014, in Berlin, Helvécio was awarded by the German government and DAAD for the relevance of his work.
Helvécio Marins Jr.
Helvécio Marins Jr.
Arauco Hernandez Holz
Marcelo di Souza, Kaic Lima,
Carlos Dalmir, Marcia Rosa
Walter Salles, Paulo de Carvalho,
- Berlinale 2019 – Forum
- Cinélatino Toulouse 2019 – Competition
- IndieLisboa International Film Festival 2019 – Silvestre Competition / Focus Brasil
- Jeonju International Film Festival 2019 – International Competition
- New Horizons Wroclaw 2019 – Discoveries
- Sao Paulo International Film Festival 2019 – Brazilian Competition
- Kino Latino Cologne 2019
- Kino Wolf Berlin 2019
- Kino im Rahmen Hamburg 2019
- Lincoln Center New York 2019
- DFF–Deutsches Filminstitut & Filmmuseum Frankfurt 2019
- Black Movie Geneva Independent Film Festival 2020
- Espaço Itau Cinema Sao Paulo 2020
- ICA London 2021
- Brazilian Cinema Week Mexico City 2021
- Quattan Foundation Ramallah 2021
- Cinema Santa Tereza São Paulo 2023 – Retrospective Helvecio Marins
- Jeonju International Film Festival 2019 – Best Feature Film