- Spain, 2020, 22′, col.
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
Joana and Nina are two 13-year-old friends in the midst of puberty. The first one, bubbly and brazen, has vital questions about female gender. Both are young women of their time and condition: social networks, immediacy and excesses. Today, Joana has decided to put an end to her existential anxiety. At that moment a macabre game devised by Joana begins. That decisive moment of puberty will cause something in each of them to change forever.
After a decade working as a personal assistant and script supervisor, in 2013 she wrote and directed the documentary short film, The Show, screened at international festivals and institutions. It’s Never Darker (2014) is her first documentary feature film, well received by audience and critics.
Founder of Antivaho Cinematográfico with Xavier Esteban, she is currently working on the documentary feature film Perifèria (Outskirts) as a producer and screenwriter. Panthers is her first fiction’s work, short film as a prelude to the feature film in development, The Quiet Women. With the support of the Master in Creative Documentary at Pompeu Fabra University, she is developing the documentary feature film Dietari Final (Final Dietary) codirected with Ariadna Pujol.
- Art Direction
Leo Dolgan, Alberto Manera
Laia Capdevila, Rimé Kopoború
Antivaho Cinematográfico, with the support of
ICEC (Catalan Institute for the Cultural Companies)
- Berlin International Film Festival 2020 – Generation
- Malaga International Film Festival 2020 – Short Film Competition
- Barcelona D’A International Film Festival 2020 – Short Film Competition
- Badajoz Iberian Film Festival 2020 – Short Film Competition
- Kiev International Short Film Festival 2020 – Fem Riot
- Visionār Film Festival Berlin 2020/li>
- Badajoz Iberian Film Festival 2020 – Best Short Film