- Spain/Argentina, 2018, 82′, b/w
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
The last moments in the life an ALS patient.
Barcelona, Spain. Stella is Argentinian and does not have papers. Since she has been diagnosed with ALS, her partner Paco helps her to move, eat, and communicate. Valeria, Stella´s daughter, accompanies them in her spare time, but the anguish caused by witnessing the deterioration of her mother, leads her to lose herself by going out to party. While they wait for an answer to their application for subsidized housing, they try to survive day to day with the resources that they have left.
Figures (2018) is Canevari’s second feature film. His debut feature Paula (2015), which denounced the situation of abortion in Argentina, was part of the 63rd San Sebastian Film Festival (New Directors), 59th BFI London (First Feature), 30th Mar del Plata Film Festival (Argentine Competition) and the 37th Habana Film Festival (Opera Prima), among others.
Michele Falci, Enrique Rico
Stella Maris Santo,
- Executive Producers
Eugenio Canevari, Felipe Yaryura,
Melina Pereyra, Renata Daoud
FANECA Films, Mamá Húngara
- REC Tarragona Film Festival 2017 (WIP)
- Thessaloniki International Doc Film Festival – Agora Docs in Progress 2018 (WIP)
- San Sebastian International Film Festival 2018 – Horizontes Latinos Competition
- REC Tarragona 2017 Film Festival – Primer Test Award (Work in Progress)
- Fondo Nacional de las Artes en Argentina 2017 – Honorable Mention