The Beach House
- The Beach House
- Lebanon, 2016, 75′, col.
- Rights: Festivals, Sales
The Beach House.
The Beach House is a film about four people from an Arab generation roaming over the ruins of ideologies, causes and virtues of their predecessors. It portrays their intellectual and emotional nonchalance about what is happening around them in their daily lives and relationships. In a house whose architecture is a sixties’ experiment in mixing modern and Islamic architecture, a stone and concrete cube suspended over a rocky shore bashed by the waves of the Mediterranean, by famed Iraqi architect Refaat Chaderji, we spend a night with four characters whose non-stop conversations and peculiar actions reflect the void and chaos they are living in.
Born in 1983, Roy Dib is an artist and filmmaker that works and lives in Beirut, Lebanon. His work focuses on the subjective constructions of space. His latest short film Mondial 2010 (2014) won several awards including the Teddy Award for the Best Short Film at the 64th Berlinale, Best Short Film at Queer Lisboa International Film Festival, and the Uppsala Grand Prix at Uppsala International Short Film Festival. His latest video installation, A Spectacle of Privacy debuted at the Exposure 2015 show at the Beirut Art Center and then featured at the Berlinale’s 2015 Forum Expanded, Queer Porto 1 (2015), Images Festival in Toronto (2016), and won an award at the Contemporary Art Festival SESC_Videobrasil (2015). The Beach House (Beit El Baher – 2016) is Roy Dib’s first narrative long feature film.
The Beach House
Raafat Majzoub, Roy Dib
Sandy Chamoun, Nesrine Khodr, Rodrigue Sleiman, Julian Farhat
Aya Al Blouchi,Roy Dib
- Associate Producer
- Carthage International Film Festival 2016 – First Feature Competition
- Metropolis Empire Sofil Beirut 2017
- Alfilm – Berlin Arab Film Festival 2017
- Haifa Independent Film Festival 2017
- Montevideo Uruguay International Film Festival 2017
- In & Out Nice LGBT Film Festival 2017 – Feature Film Competition
- Barcelona D’A International Film Festival 2017 – Feature Film Competition
- Carthage International Film Festival 2016 – Jury Special Mention